Pages

Channeling my inner Martha Stewart

Thursday, June 10, 2010
To prepare for upcoming weddings and parties this season, I have been doing a lot of research about dessert table set-ups and I came across two imaginative ideas for great-looking and tasty treats: cake pops and chocolate dipped marshmallows pops. During my weekly trip to JoAnn Fabrics, I found Wilton Candy melts, paper lollipop sticks and other decorating tools and I decided I couldn't wait to try out one of the new ideas so I went with the dipped marshmallow pops since it was late and I didn't want to start a big project at bedtime. To my surprise they were so easy and fun to make. My boys even wanted to make their own it was such a creative project with very little mess. I had so much fun making them, that I decided to make enough for my son's preschool class as today was his last day of school, marking his three-year end to preschool and is now an official kindergartner. To make the presentation a little more artistic then just placed in a styrofoam block, I used a tin container lined with red tissue paper, it also made transporting the 30 pops a lot easier.





No comments:

Post a Comment

blog design by mira belleza