Pages

Star Wars birthday party

Sunday, June 19, 2011
For my son's 4th  birthday party, all he wanted was Star Wars. After visiting the Star Wars exhibit a few months back at the Pacific Science he became obsessed with it. After doing some research online for birthday party examples I am came with a basic idea, but it wasn't until I found a design for an amazing invitation from Sandy Ford Designs. Sandy hand drew Jackson's face onto his birthday invitation  and there got the idea for a black and yellow theme that spawned the rest of the decor and dessert table. For decor, I created a Stars atmosphere by stringing black and gold stars on my family room/dining room ceiling.

For the dessert table, I created a black and yellow ribbon background with several black and gold stars that highlighted the table. I used Sandy's water bottle label to cover several bottles. As for yummy goodies, I made, from scratch chocolate and vanilla cupcakes frosted with yellow buttercream and topped with Star Wars characters. I made chocolate and vanilla cake pops covered in black and yellow sugar. I baked Star Wars cookies from the William Sonoma set and frosted them in royal icing. I also hand dipped in candy pretzels that were a big hit of the group followed up with whoopie pies I made with yellow filling, this treat was my mom's favorite. The only two items that I didn't bake but picked up at Fred Meyer were the chocolate mini donuts and my favorite Italian cookies that closely resembled the Death Star.













To thank the kids for coming, Jackson on his own picked out his favors that included a pack of Star Wars fruit snacks, tattoos, stickers, Light Saber ribbon, rubber ball, pack of Sixlets, candy necklace, Star Wars Pez and thumb wrestler along with a blow-up red light saber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog design by mira belleza