Pages

Transformers Birthday Party

Wednesday, January 13, 2010




For my son's 5th birthday, there was no other option than to have a Transformers themed birthday party. To begin, I designed his invitations and sent them out 8 weeks in advanced. Can you tell that I like to plan ahead.
For decor, I went to our local Party City and Everything Party in Renton and found everything to fit the theme. Our color scheme was yellow, blue and red and that was reflected in the decorations, balloons and cake.
Since we had 25 kids (all under then age of 8) and another 28 adults (the party was during one of the football playoff games) so we had "two" rooms. Our garage was turned into a Transformers playground. We had a pinata and played pin the allspark on Bumbleebe. With a party that big, I knew I had to keep the kids entertained so we had arts and crafts including Transformer and Disney princess coloring sheets and a craft to make your own Transformer.
As for the cake, which was the highlight of the party, it was a 3-layer cake. The bottom two layers were Funfetti complete with butter cream icing that I made from scratch and the top tier was a Transformer shaped pan (purchased from Michael's). I used the Transformer colors. I made the top layer was Devils Food Chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

blog design by mira belleza