Pages

Vendor Spotlight: Atelier Maris

Wednesday, August 18, 2010





Why did you start your company?
I started Atelier Maris after making my own daughter’s wedding dress and accessories and my MOB dress. I have loved sewing and designing for my entire life, but I realized during the wedding preparations how much I truly loved sewing with luxurious bridal fabrics and embellishments. It is so much fun to create beautiful accessories that can add “just the right touch” to a special gown on a special day.

What is your favorite part working with brides?
I want to help make every bride’s wedding day dreams come true by making her dress unique and totally customized for HER. I love taking a palette or design concept and creating the perfect accessory – the one that makes a woman say “YES, that’s it!”

What makes your company stand out from the rest?
Atelier Maris specializes in creating a unique, couture look for any wedding dress by adding custom accessories. My favorite accessories are silk flower corsages and detachable trains. Both items are made from silk organza, and add a lovely ethereal look to a wedding dress. These beautiful items provide a distinctive touch to any gown – whether it is budget-priced or a designer original. I use only the finest materials and work with each bride to fulfill her vision for the perfect wedding dress.

Advice you would give brides on finding the perfect dress and accessories?
Stay true to your vision and find someone who will work with you to create the look you want, and stay within your budget. It is possible to have a beautiful dress and a beautiful wedding at any price point – so keep shopping!

What are the new trends you are seeing?
I love how lace is being used – either a complete lace dress or an embellishment. I also love the saturated color combinations brides are using – so much more fun and vibrant than pale pink! I also love the fun shoes that all members of the wedding parties are wearing now – it adds such a whimsical touch.

Contact info:
ateliermaris@live.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ateliermaris



No comments:

Post a Comment

blog design by mira belleza