Pages

Halloween Party Dessert Table

Sunday, October 31, 2010
















For our family's 1st Annual Halloween Party, I wanted to create a fun family-friendly event for kids of all ages and where I started was creating a color theme for our party. I used black, green, purple and orange as my inspiration in my decor and my dessert table. For decor, I got a lot of inspiration from this year's Martha Stewart Halloween Magazine which has so many great ideas. For starters I purchased several of her pre-made kits as Jo-Ann fabrics including her spider and bat collections. Then I used my bat cookie cutter to create foam cut-out bats using my color scheme and created a bat cave on a wall in our family room.
For our dessert table, I used a beautiful purple spider web print as our tablecloth and a orange fabric as the covering of my backdrop. For our treats, I create my famous (Funfetti) cake pops, candy-coated marshmallow pops, sugar cookies on a stick, coffin-shaped brownies, candy-coated pretzel sticks, chocolate cupcakes with homemade purple buttercream frosting. For the candy aspect of our table, I used black, orange, purple and green sixlets, lollipops, grape sours, grape gummy bears, green and orange licorice, gummy horrors, candy corn, peanut butter cups (orange and black wrappers) and the very popular sour pumpkins. For our drink of choice, we created our "Bat's Brew," which was 7-Up with black food coloring in milk jugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

blog design by mira belleza