Pages

Spotlight: Christopher Flowers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010
This past weekend, I had the immense pleasure to work with Christopher from Christopher Flowers at an amazing wedding at the Alderbrook Resort. I was so impressed with his work, I wanted to feature him here.

Why did your start your company?
"I started Christopher Flowers after working for another florist for just over a year. I wanted to develop my own style and concentrate on events and weddings. It was scary at first, but I started out small and have been able to let the business grow naturally. "

What is your favorite part working with brides?:
"My favorite part of working with a bride is taking all her ideas and inspirations (sometimes vague and sometimes very specific!) and then adapting them into a unique design that reflects her personality and also complements the setting. When clients trust me to create something for them it always turns out great."

What makes Christopher Flowers stand out from the rest?:
"I think some of the things that make me stand out are my natural, balanced design style and harmonious sense of color. I'm also very organized, and work hard to keep each event on track so that everything turns out the best it possibly can."

Advice you would give a bride in selecting a florist.
"It's a very personal decision, and each bride is looking for something different. I recommend looking for a Floral Designer with a portfolio that displays a wide variety of styles; an experienced florist who has created a diverse range of designs will be able to take your vision and make it happen. Pick your favorite two or three florists to meet with, and be candid with them about your budget. If they know how much you want to spend, they can suggest options that will work for you."

What are the new trends you're seeing?
"I'm seeing a resurgence of very romantic, lush arrangements with a wonderful mixture of botanical textures! I love this style, and it can be adapted to many venues through the use of different color palettes. Colorful, multi-cultural influences, and garden-inspired designs are also very popular, along with the use of unusual, homegrown flowers and foliage. "

Christopher Flowers
www.christopherflowers.biz
info@christopherflowers.biz
206.619.5337
Blog: web.me.com/smith4flowers


All photos by Barbie Hull Photography (http://www.barbiehull.com/)







No comments:

Post a Comment

blog design by mira belleza