Pages

Pretty in Pink Bridal Shower

Tuesday, June 14, 2011
To celebrate the upcoming nuptials of my baby sister in August, I hosted a Pretty in Pink Bridal Shower for her bridesmaids and friends. From the beautiful invitations created by gypsygraphics, whom I found on Etsy.com to decor and food, pink was the color. Thanks to some of my favorite vendors, Barb and Linda of A Tailored Affairs for the gorgeous pink linens and Chris Skilton of Always Adorable Flowers for the beautiful flowers and most importantly to my mother for helping throw a great shower for the bride to be.

Beginning with the decor, I created a dessert table backdrop complete with two shades of pink ribbon that hung down to highlight a handful of cupcakes. Another great craft I found online was a yarn pom pom garland that was strung in the kitchen as guests entered the party. For flowers, I wanted to create a splash of color that highlights my beautiful sister. Chris from Always Adorable Flowers helped me to select the perfect flower combination of pink roses, peonies, Gerber daisies and lilies that I placed in large square vases.

As for the food to go along with the pink theme, I made made cupcakes, cake pops, macaroons, popcorn covered in pink edible glitter and an amazing fruit tray and other yummy treats that are my sister's favorites.

When it came to game time, we played we played a few games from the clothes pin game, where guests were not allowed to say, "wedding, bride or Morgan (name of groom)." This was  fun game that really got all of the ladies watching their choice of words. We also played the purse game, where there were 20 items that I asked the guests to find in their purse. The first to hold up the item wins that round. Items included, pink lipstick and nail polish, calendar with the wedding day marked, 1982 (year of bride's birth) coin to a library card. The standard bridal shower toilet paper wedding dress was played followed by a Bridal Quiz where the bride had to anticipate the answers that her groom would answer to a series of questions that I videotaped.

The Bridal Shower was a great way to show our love to my sister and I want to thank everyone who came to celebrate.










No comments:

Post a Comment

blog design by mira belleza