Every bride wants to look and feel their best on their wedding day so the best way to do that is to exercise and eat healthy.
The most important thing is to everything in moderation and not go overboard with your exercise program. Some brides feel as if they need to lose significant weight before their big way, but that's no the way to go. The key is be healthy and smart about your bridal body shape-up.
I found this great article online that gave some amazing tips on getting in shape
Following these simple tips to get in shape before your wedding.
- Don’t starve yourself. Fasting and fad diets lead to mood swings, stress and binge eating. Instead establish a sensible diet and exercise routine.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day. It’s great for your body and your skin.
- Exercise daily. Even if it’s something as simple as walking around the block a few times. Cardiovascular exercise is essential to lose weight and get in shape. Lift free weights a couple days a week to tone muscles.
- Eat several small meals throughout the day. This will balance your blood sugar levels and you’ll avoid binge eating.
- Munch on a salad before every lunch and dinner. You’ll get filled up and eat less of the fattening stuff. Skip the dressing and high calorie toppings.
- Choose lean meats and other protein-rich foods, such as skinless chicken, white fish, lean cuts of beef and tofu.
- Bake, broil and boil instead of frying.
- Add whole grains to your diet. We hear about how bad carbs are, but whole grains such as bran, barley and buckwheat are actually low in fat and high in fiber.
- Eat some healthy fats. The monounsaturated fats found in food such as avocados and nuts are good for your in small portions. Also add foods containing Omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon, mackerel, herring, salmon, sardines and tuna.
- Choose fruit rather than fruit juice. Bring fruits, such as berries and grapes with you to the office to snack on instead of candy and cookies.
- Watch your portion sizes. A serving of meat should be the size of a deck of cards. Mashed potatoes, rice and pasta should be 1/2 cup – about half the size of a baseball.
- Don’t drive when you can walk. Not only will you be burning calories; it’s also good for the environment to avoid driving. Plus good for your wallet with today’s outrageous gas prices.
If you don’t reach your weight loss goal before your wedding, don’t stress over it. Beautiful brides come in all shapes and sizes. You have found the man of your dreams – that’s all that really matters.