Pages

West Coast Bridal Showcase Recap

Tuesday, January 3, 2012







This past weekend, Elegant Affairs participated in the first-ever West Coast Bridal Showcase at the Puyallup Fair Showplex. We were so excited to be featured on the Red Carpet. We met so many brides, grooms, family and friends during the two-day show. In addition to meeting new clients, we met with some amazing new vendors we can't wait to work with and introduce them to our clients.

For our 10x20 booth, I really wanted to showcase our work (portfolios and slide show) in addition to adding a piece of creative know-how in our table set-up. For the color scheme I wanted to be something that could be good for any season so I decided on jewel tones. Those colors were reflected in the backdrop, linens and flowers.

Thanks to A Tailored Affair for the linen, chairs and plate rentals and Always Affordable Flowers for my flowers, my booth really came together and that was a true testament from all the of glowing compliments from vendors and clients.

When it came to the centerpiece, I wanted it to be something budget friendly, elegant and simple. I found amazing deals at Ikea where I found the white candlesticks, purple candles and table number holder. I found the square silver chargers and silver candles at Fred Meyer. Flowers in small white vases (Michaels) and white bud vases added just the right amount of color to the table. To embellish the table settings of the square plates I added a purple satin napkin in between the dinner and salad plates topped off with a place card attached to a deep pink Christmas ornament.

As a small thank you to brides who stopped by our booth, we handed out favor bags (cotton muslin drawstring bags) that included a handmade hair rosette crafted by Elegant Affairs Assistant Rachel!

One of the best highlights from the show was having the opportunity for my two boys to model in the fashion show on Sunday. They were too cute on stage walking on stage with another model. They were a big hit at the show!
I want to say a huge thank you to my husband for helping with all of the manual labor in my set-up and clean-up and the undying support for me and my company. Finally, I want to thank my fabulous assistant Rachel for working the booth all weekend. You are truly an amazing person and I don't know what I would do without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog design by mira belleza