Pages

Wedding Planner's Journey as the Bride!

Saturday, January 4, 2014
Every summer, my weekends are filled with countless wedding guests, various venues, and endless wedding day details. In the past three seasons, I have attended sixty-some wedding. Now, it's my turn.

My name is Rachel Ermitano. I am free spirit, or so my mom would say. I work as a teacher by day, wedding planner in my spare time, and am working on starting my very own fashion endeavor. My life is far from simple, but I choose to live my moments simply. 

I have a Pinterest board named "A Girl Can Dream" filled with beautiful pictures of other couple's wedding days. Now, that dream has become a reality. I have met the man of my dreams, someone who I cannot wait to grow old with. This man came into my life unexpectedly. It started off as missed timing, but turned into my future. As cliche as it may sound, this man, completes me.

The man of my dreams, and reality, is named Shea. He is driven, loving, and makes my world worthwhile. On December 14th, 2013, the night before his 27th birthday, Shea proposed. This is where our journey begins. 

Although my Pinterest board is filled with pictures and I have a few years of planning and coordinating under my belt, I don't know where to begin. It is a surreal moment for me. Realizing that the details I will be planning is not for another couple, but for us. I'm going to be honest- making decisions with someone's money, other than your self, is easy to make decisions with. Now, its our money, our experience, and our memories. Where do I begin?!

This blog will serve as my thoughts down on paper. I am no longer a wedding planner, I am a bride. This is our journey to plan our wedding. Cheers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations. You don't know me Rachel, but I am a relative of sorts, an aunt by marriage or association to Shea and to your new mother-in-law to be, Dana. You are marrying into a great family, the Bassens, and I'm sure Shea is doing the same. I'm very happy for both of you. How exciting to be in the biz as a Wedding Planner and now you get to do your own. It should be special since you know what you're doing. The most important thing to remember when doing your own, is to have fun at it. The memories should all be good ones leading up to, during and after the ceremony. Best of luck and again, I'm very happy for you and Shea.

Post a Comment

blog design by mira belleza