Pages

Pirate themed Birthday Party (January 10, 2009)

Friday, February 13, 2009






This past weekend, I planned my son Grant's 4th birthday party. Ever since we visited Disneyland last April and met Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean, my son has been obsessed. It was then he asked for a pirate party so I began planning 10 months before his birthday.

Anytime I found anything pirate I drew some inspirations including party favors, decorations, games and cake ideas I put it into my idea notebook for later.
I created his invitations from my digital scrapbook files and then had Costco print the invitations as 5X7 photo cards.
Each party guest upon boarding our Pirate Ship recived their own Pirate name and several pieces of pirate flair from hats, an eye patch to a gold earring.

I work with Shelley from A Tier Above Cakes to create an amazing replica Treasure chest cake. When the guests arrived, they said how much they liked my "centerpiece." Once I told them that the "centerpiece" was an actual cake they couldn't believe it. It was realistic looking all the way down the sugar sand and candy pearl necklace and jewels.

My husband (assistant) helped me turn our garage into a sunken pirate ship where all of the younger party guests ventured for games and playtime. The kids played pirate ship battle in two homemade pirate ships, digging for coins in a sand pit, "Pin the Treasure Chest on the X." and a Parrot pinata.

After this experience, I would really like to get into planning more events like this. It was so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog design by mira belleza